- CFWV provides free resources to help students and families plan, apply, and pay for education and training beyond high school.
DrugRehab.com - Information and answers for people fighting addiction
McKinley Middle School Comprehensive Counseling Program
The McKinley Middle School counseling program will assist all students in acquiring knowledge, skills, attitudes, and behaviors through academic, career, and personal/social development in a safe and supportive school environment where staff, students, and parents work together as one to help students achieve their maximum potential as responsible global citizens.
To ensure all students benefit from a school counseling program that is comprehensive, preventative, and developmental in nature. To ensure a coordinated process, school counselor collaborate with others to embed academic, career and personal/social development in the school experience so that every student becomes a socially, emotionally adjusted, contributing member of society.
To implement the school counseling program at McKinley Middle School, the counseling department is committed to the following:
- The professional mandates and guidelines proposed by the national and state counseling association shall continue to set standards for the school counseling program.
- The student and parent are responsible for monitoring the student’s educational progress with the assistance of a professional school counselor.
- All students, parents, educators, and members of the community share the responsibility for the general welfare of each student.
- All students have the right to be served by the school counseling program.
- All students…
- Are capable of high achievement and deserve to be surrounded by an environment of high expectations.
- Have the right to a safe, respectful school environment.
- Have the right to opportunities for learning and developing skills for full participation in society.
- Should have access to a school counselor to discuss personal issues.
- Should have access to information about occupations and educational planning.
- Should have the right to assistance in identifying their needs in the personal/social domain.
- Should have the opportunity to make choices within the constraints of the educational system.